Sunday, January 6, 2019

Begin again

Yesterday morning was BRIK orientation. It's my 16th one to date. The quote Scarlett read really hit home.. I don't quite remember the wording but essentially it was if you keep doing the same thing, you won't get anywhere new. I feel like each BRIK is blending w the last. So after orientation, I went to kickboxing which is another one of my loves. They were just signing people up for the 6 week challenge. Which I don't even know why I did it, but I said 'fuck it' and signed up for the challenge. I was hungry and sweaty but who knows what the hell I've gotten myself into. Jess made us write down our pre-written affirmations repeating the words "I'm badass" at least 3 times and I mostly believe it. Fake it til you make it right? Then it took awhile but got before pictures taken. Dru took them and tried to make me feel less awkward about it. I felt exposed. I shouldn't be weird about it. I tell women they need to have positive dialogue with regards to their bodies - why is it so hard to believe it myself to my own body (or at least my belly). Then another hour of waiting for Jess to have a one on one. I feel like she shouldn't be the only one doing those but its her baby to champion.

To new beginnings. And to finishing them with full speed. Just as swiftly and with urgency as I've started. "Urgency" is going to be my mantra for this year. Live it like it's going to be my last.

No comments:

Post a Comment